Brocade unveils strategy to unite physical and virtual networking
By Digital News Asia May 31, 2013
- Announces On-Demand Data Centre strategy, ‘another major evolution in networking’
- Software and hardware-based network infra combine to improve data centre scalability
DATA centre networking and fabric solutions provider Brocade has unveiled what it claimed was a comprehensive strategy that combines the best aspects of physical and virtual networking to increase business agility, reduce complexity and scale virtualisation to new levels within and across data centres.
Announcing the ‘On-Demand Data Centre’ strategy in Malaysia, Brocade said it represents another major evolution in networking toward a highly virtualised, open and flexible network infrastructure.
With an infrastructure that combines physical and virtual networking elements, customers can provision the capacity – compute, network, storage and services – required to deliver high-value applications faster and easier compared to legacy data centre networks, the company claimed.
With the industry-leading Brocade VCS Fabric technology serving as the foundation, the On-Demand Data Centre strategy enables customers to simplify and automate their networks, as well as dramatically improve network efficiency, utilisation and performance.
This strategy also represents another logical step on the path toward mass customer adoption of Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Brocade said.
Brocade is supporting this strategy by delivering new hardware and software advancements across its entire data centre networking portfolio.
Furthermore, Brocade has reinforced its commitment for software, open management, orchestration and SDN controller initiatives by delivering new technologies in support of the OpenDaylight Project and OpenStack, strategic open-source software projects for building private, public and hybrid clouds.
Specifically, Brocade is announcing:
- Virtual networking solutions: Brocade Vyatta vRouter and Brocade Virtual ADX Application Delivery Switch
- Physical networking solutions: Brocade MLXe 4×40 GbE Core Router module, Brocade NetIron CES/CER Carrier Ethernet Switch/Router modules and Brocade NetIron OS update
- Orchestration and management solutions: Brocade OpenStack solution, founding board member of the OpenDaylight open source SDN project and Brocade Application Resource Broker