Red Hat joins HP Enterprise Services Technology Alliance
By Digital News Asia March 1, 2013
- Alliance fueled by more than a decade of collaboration and joint solution development
- HP to offer Red Hat products as part of its Standard Operating Platform for outsourcing clients
OPEN source systems vendor Red Hat Inc said in a statement it has joined the HP Enterprise Services Technology Alliance program.
With this, HP Enterprise Services offers Red Hat products as part of its Standard Operating Platform for outsourcing clients, and uses Red Hat JBoss Middleware technology and Red Hat Enterprise Linux as platforms for development and deployment of solutions to manage mission critical services in the enterprise.
“Becoming a part of HP’s Enterprise Services Technology Alliance solidifies the work we’ve done together to design, build and deploy solutions in a range of industries maximizing flexibility while containing infrastructure costs,” said Alan Sanchez, director of global strategic alliances, Red Hat.
“These solutions present the best of both companies to our customers, and the end result is better business outcomes,” he claimed.
“Optimizing IT performance requires strong solutions,” said Greg Robins, vice president, Alliances, HP Enterprise Services. “Red Hat’s technology, combined with HP’s services, provides clients with solutions that enable the flexibility and agility today’s enterprises demand.”
HP Enterprise Services’ solutions designed and built on Red Hat’s platform are aimed at delivering superior performance, security and scalability over proprietary operating platforms, the two companies claimed.
Examples of these solutions include:
- HP Service Orchestration Manager, designed to create, orchestrate, and monitor Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) services and agile applications blending network, IT and Web 2.0 services with subscriber and application information;
- HP SDP Service Governance Framework, offering Application Programming Interface management for registration, authentication, authorization and entitlement, as well as rich SOA policy feature, and service monetization that support IT and third party application developers;
- HP Storefront and Mobility Gateway offers an end-to-end mobility application solution for Communication Service Providers to provide to their business and enterprise customers. The solution enhances productivity by supporting the use of smart phones and tablets with end to end application security outside the office.
- HP Aggregation Platform for SaaS provides a common foundation for multiple as-a-service offerings. It integrates and automates important service management processes such as provisioning, activation, reporting, service usage and revenue settlement.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.