- BigPay’s parent company is AirAsia
- Is available in Malaysia and is a licensed e-money issuer
BIGPAY recently soft launched its new app in Malaysia with a mission to provide low-cost, fair and transparent financial services for everyone.
The BigPay app is an everyday digital alternative to bank accounts with an accompanying card that gives users the flexibility to spend anywhere in the world.
Opening an account is quick, paperless and a painless experience, all done on your smartphone – no more queuing up at your local branch or waiting for an appointment to see a bank manager.
After downloading the app and signing up, each BigPay customer is issued with a unique Mastercard that enables users to spend securely at over 35 million merchants – both on and offline – as well as withdraw their cash from ATMs globally.
BigPay wants to be the top-of-wallet choice for its users, allowing them to top-up from all their existing cards, to manage their spending in one place and to take back control of their money with a convenient and seamless user experience.
BigPay is run as an independent company with a start-up culture running through its blood, reflecting the DNA of its parent company, AirAsia.
Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun set up AirAsia so “everyone can fly”. In the same vein, BigPay’s ambition is to revolutionise financial services in Southeast Asia, so “everyone can buy”.
As part of the AirAsia ecosystem, BigPay wants to reduce the cost of travel for everyone. BigPay will be charging no FX mark up on international spending. Many debit and credit cards charge large FX spreads, transactional fees and have hidden cross-border fees. BigPay is waiving such fees.
BigPay is available in Malaysia and is a licensed e-money issuer, regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
BigPay’s app allows its users to manage money on the go from their smartphone. Users can see their transactions in real-time, add photo receipts to purchases, track their monthly spending, freeze their card and send money to friends and family for free.
- Full transparency and lower fees than an average bank card, especially when travelling. Good news for international spenders who won’t pay additional cross-border fees abroad
- Freedom and flexibility to manage your account and spend with merchants globally using the BigPay card
- Travel benefits with AirAsia including zero processing fees, pre-booked F&B and baggage discounts, and more travel perks to come in 2018
- Send money for free to friends and family instantly – join the BigPay community today
- Send e-Ang Pow this Chinese New Year to your loved ones in a virtual red envelope
BigPay intends to roll out many features in 2018. BigPay is a community driven product being built for, and evolving to, its customers’ needs.
Singapore's SpherePay raises over US$10mil in funding
A year on, Axiata Digital tags on mobile wallet to Boost app
Interoperable QR payments in Singapore for consumers and merchants