- Content providers who meet the set requirements will get commercial rewards for blog posts
- Aims to provide users with a mix of both regular and niche content
UC NEWS, a component of UCWeb Inc, an Alibaba Mobile Business Group Company, has launched a detailed monetary compensation plan for writers, bloggers and self-publishers under its We-Media Program.
From Jan 6, 2017, all content providers who meet the set requirements will get commercial rewards for their blog posts.
UCWeb's We-Media Program, a common platform for self-publishers and key opinion makers, aims to provide users with a mix of both regular and niche content. It has seen major success in other countries and aims to bring viewpoints from celebrities, bloggers, key influencers and the common man to a single platform.
Announcing the monetary plan, Donald Ru, Head of Indonesian Market, UCWeb said, "With growth in the consumption of Information Feeds, non-conventional News Feeds -- including blog posts, independent write - ups, imagery feeds, videologs, short video content, and more -- have become a huge hit.
Now more than eve r there is increased readership of content from self-publishers and key opinion leaders. This move will help us offer unique content on UC News and further consolidate our role as a content distribution platform."
According to a recent UC News report, around 3.8% (around three million) of all active Internet users in Indonesia are bloggers, which represents a considerable opportunity for the rise of We-Media, a collective term for those who turn themselves into independent media brands , including independent key opinion leaders, independent publishers and other influential individual content providers. We -Media content consumption in December 2016 was over 6 times higher than it was in September.
"According to our observations, there is potential for user-generated content in Indonesia. Supply and consumption gaps occur in content categories like Entertainment, Sports, Tech, Health and Lifestyle, which generate great opportunity for We-Media to thrive with their crafted content. We believe a good writer deserves rewards along with due credit and have, hence, launched a detailed bonus and rewards system for outstanding content providers. Not just that; UC News will help contributors gain traffic, revenue and followers from our platform. We encourage everyone to start their journey with their first memorable post," Ru added.
The UC News We-Media Program
- A profitable platform for everyone who loves writing
- Smart distribution to find the right readers for your content
- Guidance and the most up-to-date information to understand your readers better
Traffic and Exposure
- Huge viewership access with millions of potential readers
- Easier user acquisition and faster popularity enhancement
- Powerful content distribution to enlarge your influence
- Weekly ad revenue sharing based on traffic & content categories
- Rewards and compensation for quality and vertical content
- Welcome rewards for new recruitment
Data and Knowledge
- Compressive Dashboard for traffic and readerships analysis
- Trending topics to inspire you for your next article
- Upgraded interaction with your followers and readers
Digerati50: News, with a dash of spice
Rev Asia believes consolidation is key to media play
Censorship in Malaysia: Expect the walls to close in further
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.