Stripe launches partner programme
By Digital News Asia August 2, 2018
- For every US$1 Stripe makes, partners make US$1.26
- Stripe now powers millions of users in more than 120 countries
STRIPE, the technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet, has on Aug 1 announced the launch of its first-ever partner programme to help its global user base discover new, reliable partners to work with.
Stripe's ecosystem is comprised of thousands of informal tech partners, drawn to Stripe by its technology and APIs, and access to its growing user base.
Today, for every US$1 Stripe makes, partners can expect to make US$1.26.
Stripe’s Partner Programme formalises this ecosystem, giving partners access to new benefits, such as:
- A new partner portal with educational materials and best practices for building secure, reliable integrations to Stripe.
- A Stripe Verified Partner badge and logo upon undergoing a formal security review and verification process.
- Access to Stripe users through a listing on Stripe’s “Works With Stripe” gallery at stripe.com/workswith
- Priority support for faster resolution of support issues.
- Exclusive invites to product betas and future roadmaps.
The programme, which is the first-of-its-kind in the online payments space, will have two partner types (Platform Partners, Extensions) and two tiers (Stripe Partners, Stripe Verified Partners).
Enterprises like Xero, DocuSign, Shopify and Sage have been among the first to be Verified Partners.
Stripe’s user base has grown rapidly, as half of Stripe-powered businesses double their monthly volume after two years. The partner programme gives companies of all sizes access to this set of businesses as trusted partners.
“Partners have integrated with Stripe for years — in fact, more than half of our fastest-growing users take advantage of one or more Stripe extensions,” said Claire Hughes Johnson, Stripe COO.
“But as Stripe is increasingly getting pulled up-market, our users have asked for an easier way to discover new platforms and apps, so we’re delighted today to announce our partner programme.”