SAP modernises data warehousing with SAP BW/4HANA
By Digital News Asia September 7, 2016
- SAP BW/4HANA will be released to customers on Sept 7, 2016
- An end-to-end data management platform for running a live digital business
SAP SE has unveiled SAP BW/4HANA, a next-generation data warehouse application for running a real-time digital enterprise.
In addition to traditional on-premise deployment, the solution will soon be available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service so companies can modernise their data warehousing environments and accelerate their digital journey into the cloud.
With SAP BW/4HANA, customers will have a simpler and more powerful way of achieving real-time analytics through a new foundation for logical data warehousing that provides the interactivity with historical and live data residing in a diverse IT landscape, whether within or outside the enterprise.
To answer demand for open, highly scalable IT systems, SAP BW/4HANA will provide an open data warehousing environment for rapid application development, a modern user interface, advanced multi-temperature data handling and support for cloud-ready offerings including AWS and SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, with other third-party cloud platforms expected to follow.
Making businesses more agile
Users of SAP BW/4HANA will be empowered with data modeling techniques coupled with a unified and streamlined data warehouse object model. Simplified governance features will enable agile data warehouse development that will deliver improved business insights in real time.
Business applications, including those based on SAP S/4HANA, will be able to leverage a prebuilt data warehouse or more standard, SQL-based development environment, resulting in faster, more versatile data warehouse solutions.
SAP BW/4HANA customers will benefit from:
- An end-to-end data management platform for running a live digital business through the automatic generation of views in SAP HANA that combine SQL data logic and application data taken directly from SAP S/4HANA
- Extreme performance through advanced, in-memory analytics and algorithm pushdown
- Faster application development with a fully redesigned user interface for enhanced data flow modeling
- Reduced data management and storage costs through automatic distribution of multitemperature data
- Efficient data warehouse migration and implementation with unified data load management and full scale-out support, as a de facto standard
- Easy transition with the SAP Business Warehouse application to SAP BW/4HANA through utility features
Increasing versatility in the cloud
SAP BW/4HANA will be available with built-in deployment for AWS and SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, with additional cloud deployment options expected to follow.
It will provide the ability to connect to the SAP BusinessObjects Cloud solution, which will deliver an environment for visualization, storytelling and data exploration.
SAP BW4HANA comes with built-in connectivity to SAP Digital Boardroom.
SAP has also issued a new certification for AWS’s memory-optimised X1 instances. The new certification covers scale-out deployments up to 7 nodes totaling 14 TB of memory.
Defining the next-generation data warehouse
SAP BW/4HANA intends to deliver on SAP’s vision of a next-generation data warehouse that will significantly reduce data movement and duplication by analyzing data wherever it resides, whether in data lakes with the SAP HANA Vora engine or in legacy systems within or outside the enterprise.
It will also integrate live streaming and time-series sensor data collected from Internet of Things environments via smart data streaming, an event stream processing option in SAP HANA.
SAP BW/4HANA will be released to customers on Sept 7, 2016.
Transforming a giant: SAP’s journey through digital disruption
SAP Startup Focus Acceleration Programme launched in Singapore
SAP unveils new, reimagined business suite, SAP S/4HANA
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.