New leadership and focus for Yahoo Advertising in Australia and SEA
By Digital News Asia March 10, 2023
- He will be supported by a management team of 6 from across APAC
- John McNerney is the new Managing Director for Australia and Southeast Asia
Yahoo has unveiled a new team to lead its Australia and Southeast Asia ad tech division, Yahoo Advertising along with a refreshed focus as a media solutions partner for premium clients.
John McNerney (pic) will be stepping into the new role of Managing Director for Australia and Southeast Asia. John has been with Yahoo for 13 years and was most recently Senior Director of Platforms for APAC. In his new role, John will oversee the newly formed integrated teams across all of Yahoo Advertising’s disciplines. Yahoo Advertising’s renewed focus centres on helping partners deliver future-forward, full-funnel digital media solutions. This is an evolution of work by the team in the market, achieved by melding creativity with data and identity solutions.
These solutions are then delivered through Yahoo’s DSP, allowing advertisers to target audiences across a diverse set of channels including Advanced TV, mobile, display, video and digital out-of-home. It is all backed by measurement and identity solutions to ensure campaigns are delivered more effectively and efficiently.
McNerney, explains: “For the past few years our Yahoo team in the region has been taking an increasingly educational and consultative role with partners to help them navigate the increasingly complex digital marketing ecosystem. This move is a natural evolution of that work, and allows our team to focus on helping our partners do more with their marketing budgets.”
Supporting this focus is a refreshed and experienced management team across APAC:
- Matt Farrington, APAC Head of Partnerships & Investment, will continue to drive global and local partnerships across the region, working closely with commercial and platform delivery teams.
- Julia Edwards is promoted to Commercial Director AUSEA, overseeing the commercial development team, focused on profitable revenue growth for new Yahoo Advertising and growing partnerships with key clients and agencies.
- Andrew Gilbert is promoted to Director of Platforms AUSEA, driving DSP strategy across the region to help clients better leverage Yahoo’s market-leading omnichannel technology solutions.
- Kenneth Koh (pic, right) as the Head of DSP for SEA will lead the SEA enterprise solutions team in Singapore and help clients grow their business through Yahoo’s buying solutions.
- Dan Richardson will continue as Head of Data, APAC, and will be responsible for Yahoo's targeting, insights and measurement strategy.
- Zoe Cocker will continue to inspire partners with solutions with innovation at their core, adding Premium Sales to her current role leading Yahoo Creative Studios. Here she helps clients harness new technology including Web3 and immersive creative solutions, and harness the power of omnichannel marketing to drive greater results.
Under the new structure, Yahoo will continue to operate its DSP, allowing partners to create omnichannel campaigns across channels including Digital Out-Of-Home, Advanced TV, native, display and Yahoo’s owned and operated channels including Yahoo Search, Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, Yahoo Sport, Yahoo Lifestyle and Yahoo Finance.
Related Stories :