Maxis on track with 5G readiness with A.I. Network
By Digital News Asia August 14, 2019
- Network takes automated, even pre-emptive action to optimise network traffic at all times
- A.I. Network is scalable and future-proof, ready to support 5G
PAVING the way for the future of connectivity, Maxis has been building an advanced and intelligent network, dubbed the A.I. Network, which is ready to support 5G speeds, resilience and latency demands.
Developed with Maxis’ in-house capabilities, the A.I. Network is built upon 5G-ready infrastructure with the widest fibre-optic footprint to mobile base stations across the country.
Built on Next-Gen IP network architecture and the latest software defined networking technology, Maxis’ A.I. Network self-optimises data traffic along the most efficient routes and even self-heals by anticipating and rerouting traffic around potential problem areas.
This ensures a more seamless and lag-free Internet experience and Always On connectivity for mission-critical business applications.
“At this exciting juncture for Malaysia, where demands for digital services, content and connectivity is at unprecedented levels, we are once again staying ahead to ensure that we are ready for the future. A highly resilient, agile and ready-to-scale network is particularly important for our growing suite of enterprise solutions that address the mission-critical requirements of our customers.
“And with 5G and fibre expected to be at the heart of our evolving digital lifestyles, a highly intelligent network will work hard for us so that we can focus on providing the best possible customer experience. Our own-built A.I. Network is also a testament of our focus on building our capabilities and encouraging our talents to be a big part of this exciting journey,” said Maxis chief technology officer Morten Bangsgaard.
Here are examples of how the Maxis A.I. Network is already working smarter:
- Smart network traffic management: To stay ahead of customer demands for richer content, Maxis’ mobile and fibre network is now an integrated and growing Next-Gen IP network superhighway with traffic control systems that can anticipate potential usage spikes (i.e. whether it’s festive or football seasons) and open up more bandwidth in preparation for it.
- Support for NB-IoT: Following the launch of the first commercial NB-IoT service in Malaysia, the A.I. Network will provide strong support for Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) technology built with 5G-like capabilities and designed for mass-scale industrial deployments for enterprise and government.
- Faster first call resolution: To cater to the demands for a superior Internet experience, the A.I. Network is able to provide more accurate analysis in the event of a network outage for individual customers, leading to better first call resolution.
- Business continuity: The A.I. Network’s proactive notification system is able to alert enterprise customers on performance updates within five minutes, making it possible to trigger earlier business contingency planning.
- Addressing mission-critical business requirements: The A.I. Network, through a network health dashboard app, helps Maxis service managers work on-the-go to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions for enterprise customers.
- Preventive maintenance: In a fraction of the time it takes a human to do manually, Maxis’ Project SkyEye uses industry-grade high-performance drones to capture 360-degree HD imaging of its network towers. The footage is then relayed back to the company’s server for high-speed diagnostic scanning by Maxis A.I. that has been trained for precise, efficient structural fault detection and prediction, and is capable of recommending the appropriate preventive maintenance measures.