- Offer valid for hotel bookings within Maxis’ network of 117 roaming-pass enabled countries
- The free data roaming pass is valid for one day
Beginning Nov 28, customers can enjoy a free one-day roaming pass on any hotel booking done via www.expedia.com.my/maxisroaming, as long as the destination hotel is within Maxis’ network of 117 roaming-pass enabled countries.
This free one-day roaming pass offer includes:
- MaxisONE World Pass
- Exclusively for MaxisONE plan (MOP) customers who make a hotel booking in any of the Asean countries (except for Vietnam).
- With this pass, customers not only get free unlimited outgoing calls and free unlimited incoming calls, they also get to use their local data overseas for free, on top of an additional free 500MB of high-speed data per day.
- DataRoam Pass
- Applicable for MOP customers who make a hotel booking in countries outside of Asean.
- Applicable for non-MOP postpaid customers who make a hotel booking in any of the over 100 countries
- This pass comes with up to 500MB of high-speed data. Customers can also continue to surf or use social chat apps after their allocated data has been fully utilised.
To get the free one-day data roaming pass, customers just need to:
- Go to www.expedia.com.my/maxisroaming and make a hotel booking
- Key in their Maxis number when making the booking
- To redeem their pass, customers simply need to turn on their data roaming, and use their data pass within the hotel stay period.
“Staying connected is just as important while on holiday as back home, and we want to prevent unwanted bill shocks from spoiling an otherwise happy holiday. We’ve been actively launching products and promos with different partners to add value to our customers - with Expedia being our latest addition - so Maxis travellers can truly enjoy a worry-free experience. This partnership is also part of our commitment to always find interesting ways to enrich our customers’ lives,” said Maxis Consumer Business head Dushyan Vaithiyanathan.
Commenting on the partnership, AirAsiaExpedia Travel in Asia chief executive officer Jonty Neal said, “Expedia’s commitment is to deliver an exceptional booking experience by making it easy for travellers to find exactly what they want.
“Our partnership with Maxis is a shared vision of providing the best and most convenient travel experience to the growing Malaysian travellers in the region, to help boost their travel experience with affordable data services, enabling them to be connected during their travel. We are honoured and privileged to be the first online travel partner to launch this with Maxis for our Malaysian consumers in the region.”
Moving forward, Maxis will continue to work with other travel partners to offer customers many more travel deals and benefits.
To check if a specific country is covered by Maxis’ roaming pass offer, click here: www.maxis.com.my
For more details on this new data roaming offer with Expedia, please visit www.maxis.com.my/roamingpartnerships
Maxis CEO: Google and FB should be sending us flowers!
Fragile balance in telco industry: Morten Lundal
AirAsia Expedia uses Anaplan to consolidate data, boost planning
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.