Facebook updates to help businesses drive mobile sales
By Digital News Asia May 12, 2016
- 1 in 5 mobile minutes are spent on Facebook and Instagram
- Advertisers can set audience rules that identify stronger intent signals
FRESH from having launched its office in Malaysia, US social networking giant Facebook Inc has announced product updates to its Facebook and Instagram platform that it said would help advertisers drive demand and sales of their products and services.
For one, Dynamic Ads (formerly Dynamic Product Ads) have now been expanded to Instagram, the company said in a statement.
For travel advertisers, it is introducing new travel-specific dimensions, including location and time.
New updates to Custom Audiences will enable advertisers to set audience rules that identify stronger intent signals, like frequency and time spent.
People are spending more time on mobile, where they search less and browse mobile websites and apps more, Facebook said in its statement.
Mobile has quickly become a place where people discover, peruse and purchase, it added.
According to Facebook:
- 1 in 5 mobile minutes are spent on Facebook and Instagram (source: comScore);
- 98 of top 100 top advertisers that advertised on Facebook in Q4 2015 also advertised on Instagram; and
- Over 2.5 billion products have been uploaded onto Facebook and 440 million people have viewed products in Dynamic Ads in the last three months.
For more information, go here.
Malaysians getting with the mobility programme, SMEs way behind
IBM and Facebook team up on ‘people-based’ marketing
The effectiveness of targeted advertising on Facebook
Facebook lands in Malaysia
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.