Alibaba Cloud launches Digital Heroes Programme
By Digital News Asia August 26, 2022
- To bridge academia-industry gap, cultivate talent pool
- To extend its footprint to more states in Malaysia
Alibaba Cloud, the digital technology and intelligence backbone of Alibaba Group, has launched a new talent initiative and showcased various cloud-based, innovative solutions at Alibaba Cloud Day KL summit to deepen its commitment for supporting Malaysia’s digitalisation.
In a statement the cloud service leader launched its Digital Heroes Programme, a nation-wide digital talent strengthening initiative. The guest of honour was Adham Baba, minister of the ministry of science, technology and innovation (Mosti).
The company said this programme aims to not just inspire young talent but also aspires to bridge the gap between academia and industry, in addition to furnishing Malaysia with a strong digital labour force.
Built upon the current internship and AAEP initiative programme, the Digital Heroes Programme encompasses three new key areas including:
- MY Digital Talent in U Competition is a contest open to students and academic staff to discover the world of cloud computing with training programs and courses provided;
- Nationwide University Tour, a university tour across the whole region that educates and introduces in-depth cloud computing to local talents alongside business developers, solution architects from Alibaba Cloud and selected key industry players; and
- Student Ambassador is an opportunity for local students to participate in Alibaba Cloud’s events which further helps them develop leadership, professionalism and communication skills.
Kun Huang, general manager of Malaysia, Alibaba Cloud Intelligence said, “As a global cloud leader, we are proud to be part of the collective effort and would like to leverage our best-in-class technologies and proven experience to support local talent development whilst further empowering Malaysia’s digital transformation journey.”
Adham Baba said as part of Malaysia’s plan to transform the country into a regional leader in the digital economy, Mosti welcomes technology providers to invest in Malaysia and leverage on the skill sets and capabilities of local talents.
Related Stories :